Can you feel your wallet digging into you each time you sit down or walk down the street? If so then it is time for a change, we’ve written this article to find the best slim wallet for men in a reasonable price range.
Slim wallets are still number one when you are looking to de-clutter what you carry around with you on a daily basis.
We have searched high and low then rounded up all of them on offer to find you the best slim wallet for men available.
Wallets come in all different materials and some may even surprise you as you look down the list!
From leather to fabric to metal there is more than enough to pick from, imagine having a wallet being the talking point of everyone who sees it not just for the style but also for the materials it has been designed with.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the selection so you can find the best slim wallet for you or a loved one if you’re purchasing it as a gift.
Bestselling Slim wallets
- STYLISHLY SMALL, SLIM & DISCREET: Measuring just 3 1/8" x 4 7/16" x 1/26", our RFID front pocket slim wallet is super thin & modernly slim. It's the minimalist wallet that fits perfectly in your pocket, purse or travel pack.
- PLENTY OF ROOM: 8 slots easily load your driver's license,credit cards,debit cards and membership cards, making your work and travel more convenient.
- EFFECTIVELY BLOCKS RFID SIGNALS: Outfitted with advanced RDIF blocking technology, these slim wallets for men & women block electronic signals to keep your identity protected while you travel, shop or explore.
- 𝗙𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗟 & 𝗦𝗟𝗜𝗠 – Travando’s Wallet offers 11 card pockets The slim wallet is ideal for carrying business cards, credit and debit cards, bills etc.. The outside notch allows you to push out the cards easily
- 𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗨𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗬-𝗧𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬 - Tested by an independent German quality control institute. Our wallets block the 13.56 MHz band and protect against data theft by RFID scanners
- 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗬 𝗖𝗟𝗜𝗣 - The metal money clip allows you to clip several bills inside your wallet
- GENUINE LEATHER MENS WALLET: The Timberland Men’s Slimfold Wallet is a thin-designed wallet made from 100% genuine leather. It’s slim design lets it fit perfectly in jeans, dress slacks, and shorts.
- THREE POCKETS: Timberland products are known for their superior construction and user-friendly features. This Timberland 100% leather wallet features three credit card pockets, plus two slip pockets, one ID window and a large billfold pocket
- HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Its high-quality genuine leather, tight stitching, and precision manufacturing, permits the Timberland Blix Slimfold Wallet to hold up to extensive and frequent use
- 1 YEAR QUALITY PROTECTION, our quality protection covers any defect caused during product production and delivery.
- SUPER MINIMALIST & SLIM: only 0.12" thick, sizing 3.3" X 4.1" X 0.12" extremely convenient to be carried around in your front or back pocket. 100% GENUINE LEATHER: soft and durable.
- RFID BLOCKING TESTED & APPROVED BY INDEPENDENT LAB TESTS. Our wallets have been tested for 13.56 MHz Frequency in which our credit cards, debit cards, driver license and ID cards operate. PLEASE BE NOTED THAT the signal of some ID badge, access cards and hotel room cards which operates in 142 KHz, can not be blocked by this wallet.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: This wallet is made of 100% genuine leather. We only accept top quality materials, as we want you to get the luxury feel that you deserve. Soft to the touch and long-lasting, this leather will protect your belongings with ease and style.
- PLENTY OF STORAGE: With 6 card pockets, a clear ID window, and a currency pocket, there is more than enough room for all of your essentials. Yet, this silhouette stays flat in your pocket with a slim design, keeping everything perfectly in place.
- SUPERIOR STYLE: With an enamel logo on the front, people are sure to recognize the iconic Guess branding right away. This wallet also features an all over G Quattro quilt embossed design on the front cover.
- MADE FROM 100% GENUINE LEATHER: Tommy Hilfiger always goes that extra mile to provide you with the best in class of men's accessories - We pay a very close attention to the material we use in our product and only select the best for you
- FUNCTIONAL: Tommy Hilfiger Wallet pass case billfold wallet offers you 4 inner card pockets, 2 hidden pockets, and 1 bill compartment.
- REFINED & STYLISH: Stylish design with tonal stitching edges features an ornament Tommy Hilfiger logo on the front pocket. You can be proud to take your wallet out for the next few years
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE – We chose our military-grade materials for their durability and, in turn, created a wallet that’ll last a lifetime — guaranteed. If you ever feel your wallet isn’t functioning properly, you can make a claim and we’ll do our best to make it right. This includes the replacements of elastic, screws, money clip, and cash strap plate. Each purchase of The Ridge is just the beginning of many years of you carrying a better wallet.
- RFID BLOCKING – Breathe easy because your cards will be surrounded by the metal body of this wallet protecting them from even the most powerful RFID Chip Readers.
- FUNCTIONAL & SLIM – Holds 1-12 cards without stretching out. The slim wallet is ideal for carrying business cards, credit and debit cards, bills etc. The outside notch allows you to push out the cards easily.
- Soft leather trifold wallet
- 8 card slots
- 1 mesh id slot
- Pockets: 1 id windows, 4 card slots
- PATENT PENDING - 12 MONTH WARRANTY, The SERMAN BRANDS Warranty covers any factory defects as a result from the manufacturing process of the product.
- SAFETY. PRIVACY. SECURITY - Our wallets are equipped with advanced RFID SECURE Technology, a unique metal composite, engineered specifically to block 13.56 MHz or higher RFID signals and protect the valuable information stored on RFID chips from unauthorized scans.
- SLIM AND STYLISH - Made with the Finest Full Grain genuine leather, Designed Quick Access ID Windows, Best Fits 6-8 cards plus US bills with no bulk, and a minimal Pull-tab design to reduce bulk - Wallet Size: 3.9" in. x 2.8" in. .5" in.
Types of slim men’s wallets
There are many types of wallets that you can come across when searching for a slim men’s wallet. You must place time aside and find the wallet style that suits you the most otherwise you’ll be left disappointed and out of pocket.
If someone mentions the word ‘wallet’ to you your mind will probably think back to a traditional wallet which is normally bifold and designed with leather material.
These bifold wallets can become bulky if designed poorly, and unfortunately many are. You see them at markets, discount stores and supermarkets. These are the wallets you’re going to want to avoid at all costs as you might as well be throwing you money down the drain.
Slim Wallet style
Some designers have gone to great lengths to craft a slim wallet while still being labelled & maintaining the style of a ‘traditional wallet’.
Take Bellroy for example, they have mixed class with functionality which has led to a thing of beauty being created. Rave reviews can be found across the internet for these types of wallets and for good reason.
There is a good reason why Bellroy is classed as a luxury brand.
This design can come a high price in terms of cost but you have to remember when you buy a leather wallet like one from Bellroy you tend to treat it better and regularly clean the wallet to keep it in great shape over one you buy from Walmart for $10.
There are other styles to consider. A slim wallet to one man does not mean a traditional wallet folding your hard-earnt bills, they come in all shapes and sizes. For example, a cardholder is also classed a slim wallet as it is the same concept.
IF you wear tight-fitting clothes a cardholder can be a great choice as they don’t require much effort sliding in and out when you need to get your items. Cardholders also reduce the bulge by a large margin which can be good for safety.
They usually have a few slots for cards and a dedicated slot for notes so be sure that is all you like to carry on you before heading out to research and buy one.
Money clips are an even slimmer version of a slim wallet. These are so slim and exposed they borderline the term ‘wallet’.
The only downside of these is everyone can see how much cash you are carrying when you get it out, so be sure to check your surroundings before flashing your cash (and cards) and if you’re on a night out consider taking a ‘traditional wallet’ over a money clip.
Slim Wallet material
Some people prefer them to be slim cardholders with a small pouch made of fabric, some people prefer the material to be made from carbon fiber so to keep your items secure even if you happen to fall or throw it at the bottom of your bag.
Both carbon fiber and fabric still only hold a small amount of the market share. Leather cannot be beaten when it comes to wallet material. Tough, durable and reliable at standing the test of time.
Leather and the other materials mentioned have their pros and cons when finding the best slim wallet for men.
At the end of the day, you must think about what you are going to be doing when you have this wallet on you and decide the best style and material to suit you.
What Slim wallet Should I Buy?
Consider these 5 things before buying a slim wallet:
1) Slim vs. minimalist wallets
There is a lot to be said on this what defines a slim wallet vs minimalist wallet, so we’ll get straight to the point to save you time.
A slim wallet can be large in size, have pockets and compartments for your cards, cash, and even items like receipts and space for photos but when you add these items the wallet should still effortlessly slide in and out of your pocket and not have that bulk feel to it.
A minimalist wallet is a more hardcore version of the slim wallet and there are several considerations that need to be factored in before you take the plunge and deciding which is best for you.
If you are used to carrying many cards around, cash, and maybe a photo of a loved one you can forget that with a minimalist type of wallet, you will only have room for the vital items.
If you feel like you need to have the room for your items because you like to carry more around with you go with a slim wallet but if you love the freedom of less is more grab a minimalist wallet to store your items. At the end of the day, it is one hundred percent personal choice when looking for the best slim wallet for men. You can check your current set up to see how much you carry right now, and how much you’re prepared to side-line if anything.
2) Material type
There are so many variants of material out there for wallets, it is not just leather and fabric that rule the roost now, but big changes have come into designs of wallets since carbon fiber became cheap to manufacture.
Some designers have even been inspired by their hobbies and jobs and introduced materials like a fire hose, reflective tape, and even carbon fiber repurposed racing sails that are stronger than steel as material for wallets.
It is important to think about what you’ll be most comfortable with carrying around with you, and how you’ll feel pulling it out to pay for items.
Would you feel at ease pulling a carbon fiber wallet out at bars, with friends etc or would you prefer to stick to a classic like genuine leather.
Think about this before making that purchase as you don’t want to be embarrassed about showing your wallet, there is enough to consider in life as it is.
3) Special features
You carry a wallet around because it is vital that you have your items stored securely on you for any situation. Find out the top 3 things you should have in your wallet.
You will see there are many different designs when it comes to wallets, you want to keep it as slim as possible but at the same time you want your possessions so there can be a trade-off, this is where features come in.
Do you need a place to store loose coins?
Are you the type of person that likes to have your driving license in a clear photo wallet section?
Do you like to carry so little on you that you barely feel it, or do you like to feel a presence to know it is still in your possession?
These questions are an example of what should be considered before progressing to the point of buying a wallet.
But once you know what to carry you will know what features are important to you and what is not so you can look out for the right wallet type, and who knows, maybe you’ll declutter your wallet to make the right wallet work for you.
4) Your routine
Ask yourself – are you an adventurer or do you spend your day sitting at your desk all-day?
This might not seem like a question you would ask yourself when deciding on a wallet, but you must remember that your wallet is pressed against your body to you most of the day when you’re out of the house.
If you have a wallet made from carbon fiber and keep it in your back pocket while sitting down at work all day you’re going to get pretty uncomfortable quickly and resent that wallet due to no fault of its own.
On the flip side if you’re an outdoors person and you buy a cardholder made of fabric and card it is going to get wet, the contents will not be protected and also get wet and if you have no other way of protecting the wallet or the contents correctly both may get damaged and ruined.
Think of where you will be over the next couple of years and you can’t go wrong in picking the right wallet for the right lifestyle.
From a beautiful home to delicious chocolate bar an important factor in any purchase you make in life is the amount of money that you will part with for the item, a wallet is no different.
Wallets offer a vast range of choice and with that comes a vast price range, it is important to consider how much you’re going to pay for this wallet.
If it is present for a loved one you might want to get a branded leather wallet which could set you back around $100 but these are usually worth the investment. Equally, it can be for your day to day activities and you just need a basic wallet that will do the job you’ll be looking at the $20-$40 for a leather wallet.
Set your expectations early for the amount of money that you are willing to spend on the wallet and you will not be disappointed.
And remember, if a leather wallet is advertised as genuine leather and offered at a dirt cheap compared to other leather wallets out there it is probably a fake so beware.
Our Pick for the Top 3 slim wallets in 2020
Best slim wallet for the money
Not all wallets are built equal; this isn’t a money clip, nor a bifold wallet, though it manages to squeeze in a large amount of carrying space, without sacrificing its slim size.
One distinguishing feature of this slim wallet is that it doesn’t have a fold, nor a money clip, items just slot into their respective place.
Formed from thick, durable, 100% genuine leather, the main body of the wallet contains a few card-carrying compartments and a transparent ID window. It is a true unisex wallet that is available in many different designs.
SPACE: The wallet can hold around 9 standard cards, in addition, there is a sleeve built into the side for bills to be stored.
you just have to fold them otherwise they would hang out and not be secure or might attract unwanted attention.
Protection is essensial if you are in public to stop any unwanted transactions happening on your cards when they are still in your wallet.
1 YEAR QUALITY PROTECTION: Travelambo are a reputalbe business and if you’re not satisfied with the quality then they will refund you or send you a brand new wallet out. This is great for peice of mind.
SUPER MINIMALIST: this wallet will only hold a maximun of 6 cards, if you have more you better be prepared to trim down otherwise you wont be able to carry them more.
NO COIN POCKET: If you like to carry change around with you for the parking meter or newspaper then this wallet might not be for you as space is limited and a coin section has not been added to keep the wallet slim.
This is the number one best selling slim wallet for men for a reason.
The price is outstanding, the product is well made and the options vast making it a great pick if you are fashion conscious and the functionality is spot on when it comes to features packed into a slim size.
Best carbon fibre slim wallet
This slim wallet swaps fabrics for metals, with the benefit of being one of the slimmest wallets around.
The result is a tiny but mighty strong wallet in your pocket or bag.
If you’re looking to break away from the traditional wallet, this carbon fibre design might be just the thing you’re after.
Ditching the usual polyester, synthetic or leather fabrics, it is entirely constructed from lightweight metals that are anti-corrosion, durable and wear, ensures a long service life.
Design: unbeatable when it comes to strong material, comfortably maintaining space for around 15 cards this wallet is designed to make it significantly thinner than traditional wallets really making it a true slim wallet for men.
It only weights 2.1OZ and that includes a money clip on the outside.
Protection: it has all the RFID protection that you would expect, even given its design, to ensure your private details stay private from identity theft.
Unique: It may take some practice to get used to removing the cards due to the different design from what you are used to. You would quickly get used to it.
You can go for a steel spring clip to hold all your bills, you’d be used to this if you have ever owned a money clip or a stretchable elastic band, whichever you feel more comfortable with. Full Prices and specs
An excellent choice for anyone looking for a wallet that is slightly different from the standard options out there.
Rugged, smart, and fairly priced this wallet has the markings of a great selection for anyone looking to get a bit more bang for their buck.
Best leather slim wallet
When we talk about a slim wallet for men we tend to think stripped down to the bare bones, the minimum you can get away with.
What if you’re able to have a wallet that not only holds its own in the slim wallet category but also has a bunch of cool functionalities that can enhance your experience, well look no further and let us introduce a wallet that is just that! This slim RFID wallet from RUNBOX is slim, feature-rich and also RFID-blocking so that you can both easily hide your wallet and protect your cards from thieves at the same time.
Functionality: Starting off it comes with a photo ID window with a thumb slot to easily remove the card if necessary and so it doesn’t become stuck.
It has the ability to hold 6-8 other cards in total, 3-4 of them together that can be accessed with a pull tab and 2-3 more in dedicated slots, this is where you would store you’re more day to day cards.
RFID protection: The wallet does a great job of keeping those who own it protected from RFID signals. It can really give the owner peace of mind when in crowded areas like public places or on transport when most vulnerable to attack.
Great Features: This slim wallet for men has an attractive full-grain genuine leather design which resembles a standard wallet if you’re not too keen on the color there are 5 more to choose from making it 6 in total. The wallet comes with a lifetime warranty to cover any factory defects as a result of the manufacturing process of the product.
Money Clip: There is a money clip in the centre of the wallet for any bills you have, this is a feature but could become annoying if not used, however you can remove it.
Price: Just keep in mind that there are lower-priced slim wallets like this one on the market, they will get the job done.
However, you will be hard-pressed to find one as good as this in terms of quality for the price. You really get what you pay for when it comes to wallets.
This Runbox wallet comes in many different colors for the leather material, and a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer to ensure that you are happy with your purchase.
If you are looking for a more traditional wallet but interested in keeping it slim, check this one out and you will not be disappointed.
Other Slim wallets worth a Mention
Lightest Slim wallet
You want something light, we have found it right here for you. coming in a whopping 1.4 ounces this will seem like you are not carry anything at all.
Designed to be ergonomic and lightweight this wallet can really be your savior if you are looking for zero bulk in your pockets. Even then it doesn’t give up its toughness, some people have reported having this for over 2 years and it still works as expected.
Price: It cannot be denied that the price of this wallet makes it something of a steal compared to similar wallets with the same functionality.
Weight: Of course we had to mention weight even though we explained it earlier in the article. We don’t think that you could find something lighter offering the same functionality. It really has been well designed.
Size: it is super slim, there is no denying that. It could have added a bit more material in place of weight but they have stuck to that and so be it. Most won’t find it a bad thing.
Design: there are 5 choices to select from, the number one slim wallet for men has 38 different designs. Maybe it is something Radix can aspire to in the future.
This wallet offers you the lightest options available out there in the market. Seriously consider this wallet if you want to be walking around like you are carrying nothing at all.
Rugged slim wallet
Made directly in the USA this wallet is a rugged wallet for a man, this slim RFID blocking wallet has one of the greatest numbers of features for such a very slim wallet, even sporting a handy bottle opener so you’ll never be caught out again if you need one.
It’s tough stainless steel and is made to look like an adventurous man’s wallet.
If you’re a frequent flyer numerous customers have verified that it can pass through any kind of airport security without issue.
The manufacturer also confirmed they liaised with TSA during the design process to ensure the slim wallet meets that criteria.
Material: Designed in the USA using Aerospace Aluminum this wallet is not going to give up on you any time soon
Space: This wallet can hold up to 12 cards and 5 bills to keep you stocked up wherever you are heading, pretty neat for something only weighting 3oz and coming in at 4.375 in x 2.625 in x .375 in
Metal: If you press this too hard against your leg you are going to feel it, no doubt about that.
Design: Although we love it we can understand if it is not to everyone’s taste when it comes to carrying a wallet around with them, the items are exposed so that needs to be taken factored in when you are considering purchasing this wallet.
Overall this is a great example of something just that little bit different and at the same time doing the job a normal wallet can do.
If you are into items that are not exactly mainstream or buying as a gift this is an excellent choice.
There you have it, the best slim wallet for men is on that list. Now it is your choice whether to pick one from that list or use it as a foundation in your search. Whatever you do end up picking we hope it brings joy to you for a long period of time.